Loading

Love Poems 1

Love Poems

You Were Once

Author: Lily Tchen

I once loved you so much
And for so long.
Why did you leave
When I did nothing wrong?

Your smile was once the sun
On a dark, rainy day.
It would clear up the sky
And keep it from being gray.

Your eyes were once the shine
Of the world's glowing light.
Or were they the twinkling stars
That once filled the night?

Your hands once had power
To give me the softest touch.
They'd always give me a slight tingle,
Which is why I loved them so much.

Your hugs were once the medicine
That'd change a frown to cheer.
A shiver would run through my body
Every time I feel your love near.

Your kisses were once the wind,
They were fresh and breezy against my face.
They were gentle, so gentle,
It's something no one will replace.

But, now you like someone else,
And it's driving me insane.
Although it's over for us,
The love we had still remains.

And so I tell myself...
Never again will I cry.
You were once everything to me,
That I can't deny.

But I couldn't keep my promise
And broke out in tears.
The hours I've cried feel like days,
The days feel like years.

As I bury my face in the pillow,
And cry my heart out and grieve,
I've learned to never give away love
If love I don't receive.

********

Could It Be ?

Author: Freida Martinez

Could it be that I once saw you
In a dream as old as time
And could it be the arms holding you
Were really mine the whole time?

Could you have been my one and only
The reason I woke each new day
The one thing I always needed
The one for whom I use to pray?

Could it be that I had found you
After looking my entire life
Could it be that I had promised
That one day I'd be your wife?

Could it be that I still love you
And once again I'll find
That you're not just a memory
Only to be viewed in my mind?

Could it be, oh Lord I pray,
Just one thing I ask of you
If you're out there waiting
You'll try to find me too?

********
Come Closer To Me

Come closer to me, my love.
I want your heart next to mine.
Hold me close in a warm embrace,
While our two nude bodies entwine.

You caress my body with your fingertips,
Then slowly your lips meet mine.
I can feel those exotic feelings,
They feel oh, so simply divine.

Come closer to me, my dear.
I have so much love to give.
I want to keep sharing it with you,
As long as we both shall live.

********

Clouds of Love

Author: Weisskamp

On the night I met you,
my heart stoped beating
it froze with with desire,
at what I was seeing.

On this night for us
that shoud'nt have been,
what lay ahead nobody could see.
You alone started these flames

of wanting desire,
a million seas couldn't quench the fire.
But love isn't always the easy friend,
you have to sail the storm
to recieve the love you send.

So till the day comes
that these arms can hold you near,
I'll sail the storms and watch
as the clouds disapear.

********

But, Tell Me....

Author: Kevin Lam

I don't know how many sweet words I have conjured into your mind,
But, tell me, do you remember them all?
Relentless of what you do everyday.

Do all the words remain intact within your mind?
Does it please you when you are unpleased?
And does it intrigue you when you are unreleaved?
I don't know how many words I have conspired within a given line,

But, tell me, have you learned them all?
Regardless of what is written,
Do all the words rhyme within the given line?
Does it inform you when you are uninformed?

And does it excite you when you are forlorned?
I don't know how many words
I have said that I can say is mine,

But, tell me, have you heard them all?
Needless of all that have been said,
Do all the words I bestow upon you signal some sort of sign?

Does it merry you when you are sad?
And does it lecture you when you are bad?
I don't know about others but I think we are just fine,

But, tell me, have you told them all?
Heedless of what we do,
Do you know that I am happy just because you are my Valentine?

Does it delight you that I belong to only you?
And does it move you that my love for you is forever true?
********


For More Love Poems >> Click Here

For Love Letters >> Click Here

For Love Quotes >> Click Here